Friday, January 16, 2009

Hockey=Happiness

I am looking forward to my weekend this weekend.


My Friday will hopefully help turn sadness and uncertaintly into a positive light as soon as I leave work. The economy sucks right now and I am looking to re-organize my priorities and finances, again, accordingly. There are always going to be expenses that you can not help. I.E. work clothes because your clothes are falling off of you and that is inappropriate to wear in a corporate atmosphere. However, I think I now have that covered...literally.


I think that I am very blessed and I know that I am very thankful to have a job and like my job. Still though, everything going forward is uncertain and I remain truely hopeful that our new president will help matters. Hopefully he will put a new perspective on this nation.


So, why am I excited about this weekend?


I went to a my first hockey game in my entire life about a month or so ago. In my excitement I called my parents, because they are who I call when I get excited...I know being single has its high points, and in good fashion they were having a party and my whole family was there. Suffice it to say, no one in my family has been to a hockey game. My brother and myself purchased tickets for ourselves and our parents to attend a hockey game on Saturday for Christmas. My aunt also purchased tickets for her family and my grandparents for Christmas. So, there will be 9 of the Lemons at the Blues game Saturday night!


To me, I think it is pretty dang exciting to find something my grandparents have never done. They are two very active people in their 80's and very well traveled so to find out that they have never attended a hockey game and they have always wanted to shocked me to no end. If these two find something they want to do by god they find a way to do it. If my grandmother wanted to live in a shack in Tibet for a month with no running water I can say with fairly great certainty that she would do it even if my grandfather told her no. She has still talked about cruising down the Amazon and I definately want to go on that trip. This is just the type of people they are and they are very fortunate that they are able to carry out their lofty dreams no matter how ridiculous they may seem to some.


Any of you who know me know I care a great deal about my family. I would do anything for those I consider my family. I know, I said consider.



I hope everyone has a good weekend. Count your blessings and be thankful for whatever you have and forget about what you don't. I found that typically everything I needed was right in front of me. Or, just a phone call away.

No comments:

Post a Comment