Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Happenings of the past 5 weeks.

So, let’s just say that I have not been the best at this so far….but that is ok. My main goal is to get out of the stone age and into the technology age before 2009 comes to a conclusion. I know weird….What? Abbey lives in the stone age? I don’t get it. Well people of America, it is true. This girl has an awesome cell phone but no internet or cable at her house…BY CHOICE I might add. But, I am starting to feel the need to break down and get the internet as it is not appropriate for me to really be posting, among other things, at work. I do miss the days of surfing the ‘net’ at home.

Moving on….A lot has gone on in the last five weeks. No, I have not gone on anymore dates with men that are 21, or younger than me for that matter. In fact, he hasn’t even called me after that night. Now some women might be upset about this. Me, not so much. I truly stick by the fact that I did scare him off. Yes, I did this on purpose.

I have also done some home improvements which really I don’t know if they are improvements but more of beautifications. Thanks to my dear friend Alex, my bicycle is no longer in my kitchen and safely secure in my basement along with an end table. Apparently my parents do not think my apartment is packed with enough furniture but I digress. I have also taken the liberty of hanging some very sexy curtains in my living room. I still have some work to do but as is everything in my life this is….you guessed it! A work in progress. I am still lacking an ottoman and an area rug. If any of you happen to find an oval ottoman that is tufted on top and preferably in espresso leather with espresso or a dark wood, CALL ME! I prefer said ottoman to be on small casters but I realize that I am being picky enough with all of the other things this ottoman of glory requires. I will post pictures of the current beautifications soon enough.

I have been struggling with an overflow of books. For someone who didn’t care to read 6 years ago I have acquired quite the collection. Thank you Jamie, for introducing me to a book that actually held my interest for more than one page. I found some concealable book shelves that I will be hanging, hopefully soon, to help ease the pain of my bookshelf overflowedness. I have not quite decided where these shelves will go but I am very confident that I can figure this out. (Ok, this is a time warp issue but I still can’t figure out where to hang those damned shelves a week later….I’m really torn with a few ideas. Even designers need second opinions sometimes).

Other than the beautifications I have been helping a friend shop for furniture for his place. According to me a bachelor could always use a designer when selecting the pieces that will furnish the ultimate bachelor pad. Furthermore, I LOVE furniture shopping.

I am doing CANstruction this year which is something I have wanted to do for a couple of years now. My employer is the main sponser for St. Louis this year and I am excited to be a part of this awesome opportunity. Last Friday we did a ‘pre-build’ at our corporate office just to see how long our structure would take. Our theme, ‘The Great AmeriCAN Burger Build.’ It is pretty exciting. Though, truthfully, the structure doesn’t look like I thought it would. Oh well. It is for a good cause and I am excited to see what the Architects, Designers and Engineers came up with.

More to come very soon, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I am glad you are back to blogging. I also look forward to some photos on this blog. I would love to see your place with the new renovations. Also I would love a cameo appearance of Ugly Betty. Lastly, we can't wait to see you this weekend. Talk to you later. We love you, HIL and Kev

    ReplyDelete