I get assigned the most interesting projects at work. Well, I think they are interesting and frankly you never know what you will be asked to do. As in the case with me, Anna and a mannequin named Carl.
If you do not know, the company I work for sponsors Carl Edwards car in Nascar. Last week my Creative Director asked me to look for mannequins based on Carl Edwards measurements for his racing suit, gloves and shoes. Me, “Where on Earth am I to find out Carl’s measurements?” I.E. Chest, shoulders, arms, leg length, arm length…you get my drift. Creative Director, “Oh, I am sure that they have his ‘goodies’ listed on the NASCAR website.” Goodies? I almost fell over. So, Carl’s measurements are not online and I did research mannequins. We did purchase a mannequin that fit our standards with the understanding that we might have to ‘stuff’ the suit so that it didn’t look ‘wimpy’ on the mannequin.
Needless to say the mannequin we ordered came in with a broken head, I believe, so we had to make due with what we had. Now, we were doing this because our CEO requested we do this. So, yesterday Anna and I are searching the office for bubble wrap to beef Carl’s mannequin up a bit. We confiscated the mannequin from the front of the executive suites and brought him to our area thinking it would be better. We didn’t want people to get the wrong impression when they walked by and saw us undressing Carl and manhandling him in the hallway.
As Anna and I are ‘beefing up’ Carl’s ‘backside’ who walks into our area looking for our boss? None other than our CEO himself. He took one look at us with Carl’s pants down taping bubble wrap to his ass and says, “I am not going to ask and I don’t want to know.” He then proceeds to walk away. Though we giggled quite a bit when he saw us it was pretty embarrassing. I am fairly certain that our CEO just wanted us to ‘beef up’ his arms and chest. However, we designers are women of proportion. We do not want our men or our mannequins to be without a nicely sculpted backside. Am I wrong? We should have taken before and after shots so you could see what I am talking about.
Though we got quite a few looks yesterday from people the overall consensus is that Carl’s mannequin definitely looks beefier and he no longer looks wimpy standing in front of our executive suites.
I will post photos of the new mannequin once he arrives. This one will actually have a head so we can put his helmet on him.
If you do not know, the company I work for sponsors Carl Edwards car in Nascar. Last week my Creative Director asked me to look for mannequins based on Carl Edwards measurements for his racing suit, gloves and shoes. Me, “Where on Earth am I to find out Carl’s measurements?” I.E. Chest, shoulders, arms, leg length, arm length…you get my drift. Creative Director, “Oh, I am sure that they have his ‘goodies’ listed on the NASCAR website.” Goodies? I almost fell over. So, Carl’s measurements are not online and I did research mannequins. We did purchase a mannequin that fit our standards with the understanding that we might have to ‘stuff’ the suit so that it didn’t look ‘wimpy’ on the mannequin.
Needless to say the mannequin we ordered came in with a broken head, I believe, so we had to make due with what we had. Now, we were doing this because our CEO requested we do this. So, yesterday Anna and I are searching the office for bubble wrap to beef Carl’s mannequin up a bit. We confiscated the mannequin from the front of the executive suites and brought him to our area thinking it would be better. We didn’t want people to get the wrong impression when they walked by and saw us undressing Carl and manhandling him in the hallway.
As Anna and I are ‘beefing up’ Carl’s ‘backside’ who walks into our area looking for our boss? None other than our CEO himself. He took one look at us with Carl’s pants down taping bubble wrap to his ass and says, “I am not going to ask and I don’t want to know.” He then proceeds to walk away. Though we giggled quite a bit when he saw us it was pretty embarrassing. I am fairly certain that our CEO just wanted us to ‘beef up’ his arms and chest. However, we designers are women of proportion. We do not want our men or our mannequins to be without a nicely sculpted backside. Am I wrong? We should have taken before and after shots so you could see what I am talking about.
Though we got quite a few looks yesterday from people the overall consensus is that Carl’s mannequin definitely looks beefier and he no longer looks wimpy standing in front of our executive suites.
I will post photos of the new mannequin once he arrives. This one will actually have a head so we can put his helmet on him.
You crack me up! Can't wait to see the photos of Carl. Did you know he is my favorite NASCAR driver? Love the blog and love you!
ReplyDelete