
It is good to purge every now and again. I am finding that I am becoming more and more like my mom*. I have so many items crammed into a small space because who knows?, you might need those items someday. I have been going through clothes and such realizing that I have not worn some of these items in over a year. If I haven’t worn them in 360 days, I probably never will. Granted, there are some ridiculous items I refuse to part with at this juncture like a Homecoming dress. One of my favorites. I love this dress so much I was going to tear it apart and turn it into pillows. My mom thought that was blasphemous so I am keeping it as is for now. Now, I have no idea when I will ever have the need to wear a floor length formal, especially one that is a size 6 that I can tell you I do not fit into but you never know. I know I should just let it go.
I have never been the best at organizing. I don’t know why either. It really isn’t a part of my sign truthfully. I can design spaces for other people and tell them what to do but when it comes to matters of my own closet I generally lose every time. I have ripped one closet a part and I think I am going to do it again. I have purses I haven’t carried in years, they are going. I have pants I haven’t worn in years, they are going. I have T-shirts coming out the Mizzou and they are going. What I am having the hardest time parting with is my shoes. I have a pair of red patent leather 4-1/2 inch stilettos that I have worn twice. Why am I keeping them? They are totally hot but they are hard to walk in and they really aren’t comfortable. I think they should get voted out of the closet and into a different younger closet. I have the perfect idea of whose closet they should belong and I might just take them to Springfield with me.
My point is does anyone have any fresh ideas of purging and organizing? I am working with a super small space. I have art supplies and tools that I will not get rid of because A. they are expensive and B. I know I will use them again. They are just hanging out in a hallway. My laundry is just hanging out in my room and I would really like to get that issue into a closet. My purses are in two filing boxes stacked in my closet and it is a pain to pull them out and put them back. I have bought the organization magazines and all that stuff but I have a difficult time figuring out where and what pertains to my particular closet. Suffice it to say, I need help. I have looked at the canvas storage boxes and measured every shelf in my closet. The unfortunate part of this story is that I am having a difficult time finding the storage boxes that are shallow enough as well as short enough to A. fit under my bed and B. rest on the shelves that exist in my renter’s nightmare. My apartment has extreme character for sure.
Heck, if you know of a good book dealing with organization and purging I am willing. I feel like I am living in a college apartment. Though, there are no black light or vodka posters invading my walls, thank god.
I have never been the best at organizing. I don’t know why either. It really isn’t a part of my sign truthfully. I can design spaces for other people and tell them what to do but when it comes to matters of my own closet I generally lose every time. I have ripped one closet a part and I think I am going to do it again. I have purses I haven’t carried in years, they are going. I have pants I haven’t worn in years, they are going. I have T-shirts coming out the Mizzou and they are going. What I am having the hardest time parting with is my shoes. I have a pair of red patent leather 4-1/2 inch stilettos that I have worn twice. Why am I keeping them? They are totally hot but they are hard to walk in and they really aren’t comfortable. I think they should get voted out of the closet and into a different younger closet. I have the perfect idea of whose closet they should belong and I might just take them to Springfield with me.
My point is does anyone have any fresh ideas of purging and organizing? I am working with a super small space. I have art supplies and tools that I will not get rid of because A. they are expensive and B. I know I will use them again. They are just hanging out in a hallway. My laundry is just hanging out in my room and I would really like to get that issue into a closet. My purses are in two filing boxes stacked in my closet and it is a pain to pull them out and put them back. I have bought the organization magazines and all that stuff but I have a difficult time figuring out where and what pertains to my particular closet. Suffice it to say, I need help. I have looked at the canvas storage boxes and measured every shelf in my closet. The unfortunate part of this story is that I am having a difficult time finding the storage boxes that are shallow enough as well as short enough to A. fit under my bed and B. rest on the shelves that exist in my renter’s nightmare. My apartment has extreme character for sure.
Heck, if you know of a good book dealing with organization and purging I am willing. I feel like I am living in a college apartment. Though, there are no black light or vodka posters invading my walls, thank god.
The above photo would be absolutely ideal.
*Mom, I do not believe that you have any trouble with space anymore. If you are having problems with space then we should definitely be having this conversation.
*Mom, I do not believe that you have any trouble with space anymore. If you are having problems with space then we should definitely be having this conversation.
No comments:
Post a Comment