Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The uninsured

Well I am officially convinced that I am being punished for something. One would think that finding a four leafed clover in your front yard would be an absolute blessing and godsend. I am starting to think otherwise. Why?

Last week I take time out of my work day and money out of my poor account to go see a doctor, against my will, to appease my GP. That’s all fine and dandy accept when the doctor looks at you, rotates both of your legs then follows with this….”Before you even ask me your questions I think you should know that I can’t help you. That is going to be a messy surgery and you are so young.” Then there is me on the examination table trying to restrain myself from launching my body at him to choke him. That was last Monday.

Enter Saturday night. I was really looking forward to a night with the girls at a dance club(which is not my scene), even though no physical activity according to the doctor but I am white girl with everything but grace so really what harm is there? Yeah, I danced my ass off. I leave because I can not dance in my heels (that I am not supposed to wear) anymore. I called a couple of friends to see if they were still out and met up with them at their house. We sat and talked and decided to go to Denny’s. Not realizing how late it really is I decide that I should probably just couch crash and drive the intoxicated to their respective houses. While sitting at a stoplight singing some Beth Hart I get rear ended pretty hard. Stunned, I sit there. The other two people in my car ask if I am ok and I just sit there. Of course I am fine but really? What happened? Light turns green and we pull off onto a side street. I GOT HIT BY AN UNINSURED F150 WHO DOES NOT HAVE A U.S. DRIVERS LICENSE, NOT A CITIZEN AND BARELY SPEAKS THE ENGLISH! I am all for people coming to the United States for a better life but seriously dude get yo’self some insurance!

I am at my breaking point of how much I can handle financially, mentally, emotionally and physically. My friend Alex asked me how the four leafed clover was working out on Sunday when we were on our way back from the Police Station. I asked him why. He asked if I had the clover with me when I went to the doctor and in my car when I got in the accident. Come to think of it, I did. He brings up a valid point. That thing has not brought me any luck at all but quite the opposite. Quite perceptive that Alex.

I found another clover in my front yard last night. If this one doesn’t bring me any luck, I quit.

On a happier note: Two books arrived yesterday. I am 250 pages in. This is all that keeps me sane. Well that and cigarettes and I don’t want to hear anything about that either.

Being an adult sucks.

1 comment:

  1. Abbey D. So sorry for all the poop that has been flung your way. I hate that! Hang in there girlfriend. How is the Vibe? How is your back? I am adding you to my prayer list. We love you!

    ReplyDelete