Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Free Your Mind

It is safe to say that I have not been engulfed in a book in approx. a year and a half. As soon as I find one that I love I can’t put it down. It is like an addiction that I can’t wait to fix. Recently, and I am thankful that there are four, found a book I could not put down. 500 pages and read it in one day. I needed that. I needed to free my mind and escape my reality. I felt so good the next day when I woke up. So rested, alive, calm and clear. Today I realized that because of this addiction I have not watched TV in four days. I have come home everyday and read until I go to bed. It has been glorious!
My escape from my reality has been the Twilight series. I finished the second book last night. Now I was skeptical about this series. I was skeptical about the movie! I rented the movie last week just to see because I have been bored with my 3 channels and the crap that is on them. Seriously, I can’t take much more of 24 and all the stupid reality stuff. I am missing my Showtime in a severe way. I am pretty much ready to say that this stone age stuff is for the birds even though it is saving me a ton of money. Anyway, I can not believe how much I like these books. The fantasy and storyline are very relevant for those who wish not to escape their youth. If you have seen the movie and not read the books I demand that you at least pick up the first one. The book is one million times better hands down. Though, who does not like staring at Robert Pattinson? That is one younger man I would definitely keep. Shit, I could write an entire blog on him alone….now I am starting to sound like a girl of 16.
They are very much an easy read. Good for me. This makes it less likely that I will pass out while reading them. This is my other problem with reading….I can’t just read anything. It has to grab my attention and keep my attention in the first chapter or I am done. This mind has a tendency to wander. I can not tell you how many books have been recommended to me that I have picked up more than once to try to read with no success.
So, if you have any books that you think I would like and would hold my attention for more than 5 minutes recommend away! I NEED MORE!

P.S. I know I have sucked at this blog thing lately. Everything I have written hasn’t necessarily been worth a damn. Well, there is one blog I do intend on posting and it has to do with the events of the day in which I read the first book to the Twilight series. I am just not done writing yet. Patience…

No comments:

Post a Comment