Don’t get me wrong people, I have been writing just not posting. I will do better.
As I was laying in bed last night I was thinking of the little things that always make me smile. Things that I love that are kind of strange maybe but they do make me smile.
Freshly vacuumed carpet under my bare feet – I am not sure I understand this fully myself but I do love the feeling.
Unwrinkled garments – I despise wrinkled clothing (Thank you mom and dad for that attention to detail as well as having me iron shirts when you were running late J)
A spotless vanity – this is hard to keep up when you are a girl with long hair. Also, if you wear powder.
A clean car – Since I do not have a garage this has become really difficult to maintain
Elliott singing on my voicemail – I have saved this voicemail for less than perfect days
The smell of Rain
Clean sheets
Anna challenged everyone with a blog to list their guilty pleasures. I have a couple. Anna, I love bad movies. Not super cheesy horror films or anything but silly feel good chicklet films. They make me smile. They make life seem so simple and it is a nice escape from reality. Another guilty pleasure is a food pleasure. I enjoy macaroni and cheese laced with cayenne pepper. Lastly, I enjoy easy read chicklet books. Another good escape from reality. Bitter is the New Black, Twilight saga, Queen of Babble, etc. I can pay as little or as much attention to what I am reading as I want.
On a different note. The happy couple is married and in Mexico. Ashley looked absolutely beautiful and stunning on her big day. I think the day went pretty well. We were a little behind schedule with hair and make-up but other than that there were no big hiccups. Perfect, if you ask me.
I would also like to congratulate someone very special in my life. Baby boy, my only sibling and the youngest, graduated from Drury University this past Saturday. Double major in Chemistry and Biology with an excellent GPA has landed him starting Medical School in the fall in Kirksville, MO. The entire family is very proud of his accomplishments and looks forward to his success in the future. Just don’t forget the people that helped you get there Bubs.
Since Lucas will be working to save money over the summer he is moving back to the parents house. He has graciously accepted the position of ‘lawn boy’ at the parents’ household. You can find him in inappropriate cut-off jean shorts, aviators and a straw hat riding a John Deere in the Lion’s Gate neighborhood. If not on the John Deere, check the pool.
I will have more free time and money and soon, hopefully, I will have the internet at my tepee. When I say soon I mean maybe a month/month and a half. Patience is a virtue and I am broke.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment