Monday, December 29, 2008

A Work in Progress

Ok, this whole thing is new to me so everyone is just going to have to deal with it for a bit.





I am using this blog to keep distant family and friends updated on the happenings in this life. This is not a blog about specific issues or topics. It will be a cornucopia of randomness I assure you. I should explain a few things before I get started.

The Divine Ms Abbey D
Thank Madam Rachel Peacock-Young for this name. I have no recollection of why she started addressing my mail as such but it has stuck and truthfully I kind of, no really, enjoy the name. I have received other pieces of mail with the same title. So, love of my life, best friend and cousin, thank you.

Work in Progress
Well as most of you know the past year/two years have been interesting to say the least. I graduated from college, moved back to Springfield (which I never wanted to do) and into the Loveshack with my Parents. Yes, the loveshack. It was the same size if not smaller than my first duplex in college. My fathers’ musical instruments filled the entire dining room if that tells you anything. I finally found a job which I thought was going to be awesome. The parents and their first born finally moved into a much larger abode and immediately became happier. 4 or so months later the first born and parental units decide life would be much better if I moved out. This was very mutual mind you. Though the house is big enough that we really don’t have to see each other…it just became a sanity issue. Mom wants me to cook? What? I don’t think so. I move into my first tepee with real job in Feb. 2007. Great neighbors, great apartment, great landlord. Sept, I can’t even remember the date but suffice it to say it has become known as; Black Friday, rolls around and BOOM lose my job. I was upset for about a day until I realized this was the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me. Looking back, I constantly complained about my job and my boss. I hated my job so why was I so upset about losing my job? Other than money of course. So, time to find a new one. No, I did not apply in Springfield. Time to blow that popsicle stand and re-build elsewhere. Six months later I got a call from a friend, Julie Pullaro, telling me to contact her friend, Janet Scheve, and talk to her about her job that she loves. So, I did and set up an interview in the same day. What do you know, she is my new boss. I move to St. Louis at the end of Feb 2008 in with a friend who was gracious enough to lend me a room, start my job two days before my birthday in a city I do not know at all, and here we are. Oh and I LOVE MY JOB AND MY CO-WORKERS! Yes, I have my own apartment that is a work in progress in and of itself. Needless to say, I have learned a lot about myself in the past year and what I want out of this life and what type of person I want to be. Hence, work in progress. Because it always is.

Oh and don’t you worry. There will be plenty of rants occasionally shadowed with rage but for those of you who know me….that’s to be expected and pretty much normal. In general the rage is typically passion as I am a pretty passionate person.

DISCLAIMER…If you know me you also probably know that I am an honest person. If you ask me a question I am going to give you my honest answer. Be that as it may, if there is any reference to the respective ‘you’ in this blog I ask you not to take it personally. By no means do I go out of my way to hurt anyones feelings or offend anyone. I am entitled to my opinion, views and thoughts. This is my blog so I fully intend on sharing my opinion and views on any matter I so choose. It is your CHOICE to read this blog. You can always CHOOSE not to. But seriously, I want you to read my blog.







Who knows how well I will keep this thing up but we shall see. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment